• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File directory behaviour - open, save, place ....

Engaged ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current behaviour of Adobe programs when using file locations. All actions remember their last location separately. 
What I would like is that when I open project in Illustrator in location A and then go work on Photoshop and open something then it already knows to go location A. If that is too much to ask then at least one program it should follow this logic. For example if I open file in location A in Indesign and want to change the linked object why does it go to the project I finished last week (last place it looked for linked object).

Different levels of solutions:
1) All location in one program follow always last opened locations together.
2) All location in one program follow the location of the currently active/open file location.
3) All locations in all programs follow last used global location wherever I opened it.

Even script would helpful that would change all adobe software main directory for a time being.
I see juggling in the all file menus time consuming for everybody. 10 seconds here and there prolly amounts to millions of euros lost globally annually.

Are there any solutions what even slightly make this easier? Some setting in program preferences?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Different applictions do not share preferences.

But if you want to make a feature request, please do so at https://illustrator.uservoice.com

That is only for Illustrator. You would need to do the same at the places for Photoshop and InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines