• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files disappearing but not closing??

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  My coworkers and I have been having an issue where we close an Illustrator file but it isn't actually closing.  What I mean is, for example, I open files 1-3, 2-3 and 3-3.  I work on 1-3, save and close it, it disappears and 2-3 moves to the front.  I work on it, save and close, it disappears, 3-3 moves to the front.  Same with it, work on-save-close, but when I close it and it "disappears" there is file 1-3, still open, with the changes and saved but it didn't actually closed, just moved to the back.  I then close it, for real this time, and 2-3 is behind it and 3-3 behind it, also having just moved to the back when I closed it instead of actually closing.  It is causing some workflow issues and confusion with the way we do things.  Any fixes?  Is it a setting or a glitch?  Hope this makes sense and thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and other specific details we can't tell you much. since it happens not just to you, but also your colleagues this sounds like a server issue that simply causes extreme delays when writing the files. This may cause AI to think that the files were never realyl saved and it keeps them open. Either way, you have to be more specific and provide more info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @blueeyes53,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind resetting Illustrator preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and checking if that helps or not?

If it doesn't help, would you mind sharing the details along with the one asked by Mylenium like:

• The exact version of Illustrator & OS
  • System Specification
  • Where are these files saved, or are you trying to save them (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    Does working locally from the local hard drive/ desktop folder help?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines