• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill and stroke different on different computers

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening an SVG on one computer shows an object filled with no stroke color.  When opening the same file on a different computer, it shows no fill with a stroke color.  

Why would the same file look different on two computers?

Thank you,

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are opening the SVG in Illustrator?

Same version on both computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening in Illustrator on both computers.  Both computers running the most recent version.   I see no fill with the stroke on my comptuer which is the goal.  On the remote computer another employee sent me a video of them opening the file, and it's filled in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SVG crashes my cutter.  I'm told the reason is because the drawing has a filled color, and not only a stroke.  But when I open the SVG in Illustrator on my work computer, and my home computer I see only a stroke and not a fill color.  I e-mailed the same SVG file to someone for help.  And they said the reason it's crashing is because it's filled in.  They showed me a video of it opening differently than what I see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see an object with a stroke and no fill in Illustrator:

DougARoberts_0-1715327261817.png

This is the SVG style definition:

.cls-1 {
        fill: none;
        stroke: #010101;
        stroke-miterlimit: 10;
      }

It explicitly doesn't have a fill. I'm not sure by what process it could have a fill just by opening it. What does the other user see if they open the SVG in a browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Doug for looking at this.  Can you see something different in the file that would cause a computerized cutter software to crash?  The remote computer someone is looking at my file on is support for the cutter.  They are telling me it's crashing the cutter because it has a fill.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no experience with cutter software. If you open the SVG in a text editor and remove the fill definition entirely, does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines