• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flatten Transparency print Roland treuvis problem.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have a problem with converting my layer to flatten transparency for print on my roland treuvis printer. 
I work with spot colors which cannot print with transparent layers. 
This layer is made with effect - blur. 
Flatten transparency does not want to work here. 
Does anyone know how I can fix this so i can maintain the transparency?

Greetings Jessic

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to flatten the transparency and keep it? That's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When you flatten transparency, the transparent areas are no longer transparent. Maybe you can apply Flatten Transparency to all artwork to create the expected visual result.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jessica27163341itbs,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika and Marliton helped with your query.

You may also have a look at this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/printing-saving-transparent-artwork.html) for printing transparent artwork and sharing your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your printer have spot color inks? If not use Process colors. If you used Overprint, change that to Darken blend mode first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program i use reconizes spot colors as cutting lines this i need for cutting the logo's. So i need spot color in my design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screenshot.

Exactly what needs to be done?

Which error messages do you get?

If there is a warning about spot colors and transparency, just ignore it and continue. It's just a warning. You know what you're doing, right? So just go on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 16.06.46.pngScreenshot 2022-11-17 at 16.08.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you continue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested printing already otherwise i wouldn't ask... Prints the spot color (cutting lines) as a form and not as a line. So it is cutting twice..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you spot lines on the top layer? Can you select only the layers with transparency below it and flatten those (if needed)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just rasterize the blue background with the dropshadow (which will be an image anyway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what didn't work? And in which way?

Did you contact the manufacturer of whatever plotter or plugin you are using for printing? What do they say?

And also: please upload your AI file. Because we are stabbing in the dark right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did contact the technical support but the program does not support transparecy. I tried with rasterize.. i need the blur effect to flatten but that won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ca'nt upload the file.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload it to Dropbox or Creative Cloud or the like and post a link in this forum. Make sure we can download it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found an enormous amount of unnessecary clipping masks for the shadow image. I removed them and rasterized the shadow image with the blue background to remove the transparency.

Hope that works.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/1946ce2e-ce2c-4ecb-4678-4729343cb1cd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines