• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flowchart / workflow tools

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting with every new release for Flowchart / process flow tools in any of the Adobe programs.

I have tried building them in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Fireworks but none of them seem to have connectors which stay 'connected' to the boxes when I move them!

Features needed:
- magnetic connectors (like freehand/omnigraffle)
- switch line style of the flowchart (direct, corners, bezier)
- draw bridges (halfcircles) where connection lines intersects for  better reading.
- ability to 'snap' connectors to any point around an object, not just its ancor points.

Nearest thing I can find is the 'line connector' in Fireworks, but again, if I move the box the connector doesn't go with it.

This is such a fundamental part of GUI design I can't believe it doesn't exist.

I've looked at non-Adobe programs like Visio, Omnigraffle, ConceptDraw and Mindmap etc etc but really want to make the most of the interactivity between the Adobe programs I already use.

Any help please?????????

Thanks

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love this. Having to look at separate paid-for apps, when the whole point of Adobe CC was that it had all the tools necessary.

I'm not 100% sure illustrator is the right tool to add this too, personally. Having that kind of creative freedom would be awesome, but for me I want to be able to animate the diagrams too, turning them into files i can imbed into presentations.

Powerpoint does it, but yeah, I'm not touching that with a bargepole. Need a creative tool not a clunky 90's throwback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a no-brainer. Please deliver on all our requests, adobe! Would be huge for visualizations to clients, getting their feedback in more meaningful ways, and make my design side streamlined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who remembers GoLive? That used to have an excellent flow chart tool for mapping out a website. For those who don't remember - that was Adobe's first offering of a IDE, that eventually was retired in favour of Dreamweaver after MacroMedia was bought.

I can't say that I fondly remember a lot of the other features of GoLive though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the big deal? Create a symbol library. Much more precise to use the Illustrator bezier tool than the connector tool in Lucid Charts, for example. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big deal is sticky arrows! A chart is 75% useless if you have to spend a lot of time moving it around. Because if it's a pain to move it, you don't wanna change it, and one may become stuck making very big decisions based on very small problems that are actually big problems when they decide big decisions.
Using a bezier arrow is possible, same way we don't really need to use Ai to draw; we can simply use MS Paint and hey it's got awesome precise pixels - just place place place - ultimate control!😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucid (Lucid Chart and Lucid Spark)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second Leah's recommendation for Lucid Chart. I was looking for a quick way to draw up a digital version of a hand-drawn flowchart I made and thought Illustrator would be a good starting point - came to this thread looking for answers. I've been using Lucid Chart for about 10 minutes now and it's exactly what I was looking for. It's a free, browser-based tool with easy drag-and-drop interface and sticky arrows. It's super easy to work with and I am getting the impression that it is very good, well-designed software. Adobe honestly shouldn't even try because Lucid Chart is already so good. Thanks Leah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe how old this thread is and still nothing, thanks for the recommendation Greg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also surprised to see no recommendations for Visio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Visio or CorelDRAW...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines