• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font becomes grey and jagged when clicked and dragged across art-board

Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version of Illustrator and every time I click and hold down on a text box to move it across the artboard, the font becomes grey and pixelates/becomes jagged. When I release it, it reverts back to black again. I'm also getting a strange, grey box to the right of the text block and the light-grey frame edges are very hard to see so it's difficult to work with any level of accuracy when designing. Screen shots attached for reference. Anybody else having these issues? 2021 worked fine - it seems to be problem after problem with 2022. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @cyclopsdx,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you check the View tab and ensure "Overprint Preview" and "Pixel Preview" are not selected.

AnubhavMajumder_0-1658772412595.jpeg

Also, try pressing the (Cmd + E for macOS) (Ctrl+E for Windows) keys and check if it makes a difference.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, Anubhav

I switched GPU Performance back on in Preferences and it's working ok now - even the frame and edges are much more visible. I'd switched it off because I was encountering the flickering of the background behind the artboard and that was the suggested fix. I'll see if the flickering issue occurs now I am updated to the latest version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now the flickering is back. Literally, cannot win with your software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @cyclopsdx, thanks for confirming that. Kindly try the following steps and share your observations:

• Change the system display settings to use the default resolution and scaling
  • Change UI scaling in Illustrator to the default or small
  • Uncheck the option for Scale Cursor Proportionately

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I've tried all the above but making no difference. In fact, for some reason, I now have weird white or magenta blocks showing up when I'm scaling up and down - see my screengrab. I can't work properly because it's hiding text blocks and layout now! This corrects itself if I switch off GPU Performance, like the flickering issue, but then I can't see my text edges properly and the font becomes bitmapped again when I move it around. This has to be the worst version of Illustrator I've ever updated to. Clearly there's a major issue with the GPU Performance option, both on and off (why is it even there as an option in the first place?)

@anshulsaini1 has requested I try the same process in another thread but I'll keep this here as this is where I originally posted about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing in CPU or GPU mode, do you have Real Time Drawing enabled?

Are you dragging over a complex AI doc construction, hi rez image, eps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines