• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Exporter?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have a program or plugin to export a custom made font from Illustrator to a OTF or TTF? I've created my SVGs and I'm using Glyphr Studio but it's a bit cumbersome. I would prefer to work with the fonts inside Illustrator. I've read the Fontself has a plug in for Adobe but it's not free. Seems like Adobe should have something that works with Illustrator since we're paying a license for this program.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fontself is the cheapest option I'm aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no free plugin for Illustrator for exporting font files.

FontSelf is about 50 bucks. Seems cheap compared to what packaging designes have to pay for their plugins. They are also paying customers, but have special demands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fontself is 39 bucks (or 59 to get both Illustrator and Photoshop versions).  You can get 50% off with a student ID.  It's a 1-time fee, not an ongoing subscription - definitely a good deal.  I bought it when it first came out and am glad I did.  I get it, we all want free, but good add-ons, scripts and extensions for Illustrator are worth paying for.  There are plenty of other things that Adobe should include/fix in illustrator before they add free font creation (although yes, it would be nice)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines