• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font not available in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a font (makibafont) in Font Book however it is not available in Illustrator but it is available in Photoshop and other apps. The font validates ok but just not showing up in Illustrator. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

This is a Japanese font, correct? Illustrator might be listing it under Japanese characters rather than as 'Makibafont'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the applications’ versions and what is the font format (type 1, ttf, otf, …)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator version 26.0.1. The font is a ttf. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Japanese font, correct? Illustrator might be listing it under Japanese characters rather than as 'Makibafont'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks Doug you are correct, I located it....it was named in Japanese in Illustrator but English in Photoshop. Thanks  for your help. This community is awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can change that in Preferences > Type > Show Font Names in English

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats a great tip. I have used Illustrator for many years and never realised that function...but I guess I have never had the need for it until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines