• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts are activated in the cloud but not showing up in illustrator after it crashed

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud crashed on me (because I leave it open for too long- I know shame on me) so I closed everything and restarted my computer and now a ton of my uploaded fonts in the cloud are not showing up in illustrator. When I look in the cloud of fonts that were uploaded it shows them in there and says active, but I can't get them to show up in illustrator. I signed in and out of the account and desktop app, toggled on and off the fonts button and restarted my computer twice, did an illustrator update (which its supposed to do automatically but apparently didn't) I've done all of the advice I've read and it still isn't working. Also, now in the properties panel of illustrator when I go to select a font and select "find more" it says "no results found" when typically it would list all of the available basic adobe fonts. It seems like it's a synching thing between illustrator but I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try following the suggestions given on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html) to troubleshoot the font related issues. Let us know if they help with your concern.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as Ari5ED4, I have gone in the Creative Cloud app and all fonts show active, When I click on the Ai app and go to change a font to an activated font it is no where to be found and Illustrator doesn't register that the font was activated. So, i click on it to Activate again and it stays on "Activating" but never does anything else. I have done all of the troubleshooting and nothing is sycing. Is there an issue with Ai that we need to be made aware of?  I pay good money month for this service to work, so are we able to speak to someone that can get this to start working? Is there a number I can call? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you did everything in the list Ashutosh posted?

I saw that resetting the OOBE folder was not among them. You could try that as well: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-won-t-open-any-files/m-p/12753934

You are not using any font management, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines