• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fonts

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be so easy if adobe made it possible to delete fonts straight from  the program instead of going to font book to uninstall. This is such a headache.  There should be a way that the font can be selected and then click delete.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you use the Creative Cloud app to activate/deactivate the Adobe fonts?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, there are three categories of fonts:

1. OS Installed (come with computer or OS upgrade)
  2. Third-party installed by user (can included purchased Adobe fonts, Microsoft Office fonts, Google fonts, etc.)
  3. Adobe-activated fonts

1 and 2 are controlled by Font Book; 3 is controlled by the Creative Cloud app or the Adobe font website. 

Note: some OS fonts cannot be uninstalled since they are required fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts are an integral part of the OS you are using, in this case OSX i presume since you mention Fontbook. The fonts activated via Fontbook can be used in each software that you desire. The option to remove fonts via Adobe software sounds rather ridiculous given that an OS would use the font as well. If you do not know how an OS works i strongly recommend taking a training.

And regarding the removal of fonts: why activate them in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know who you are but your attitude sucks and your negative comment
was not needed at all.... If you were not going to offer any assistance,
you couldve just kept strolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding your negative comment i strongly suggest not posting questions in a user forum for professional software. Your question was very negative from the start, almost blaming Adobe for not allowing a function which doesn't even exist in the OS which is Apple. So i am not really negative, just pointing you out on your lack of knowledge. If you think that is negative, then that is on you, i am merely holding a mirror. You should be checking your attitude first and then take a training to find out how an OS works and then take a guided tour for the Adobe software. You first have to crawl before your learn to walk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the case you still could have approached with a little more
sensitivity and I was not blaming adobe for anything. I was making a
suggestion dummy. If you are a representative of Adobe you make them look
very bad. You may know a lot about adobe or whatever but you have no people
skills and are a jerk…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look under the user name, you will see the user's position/status. 

We are mostly all users here and only a few can actually represent Abobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting sounds problematic, but hiding should be possible, just like you can add a font to favourites I can imagine a filter to hide a font.

You can make a feature request here or vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/352...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font book has nothing to do with Adobe - https://support.apple.com/guide/font-book/welcome/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP was not confusing Font Book and Adobe, but asking for the ability to uninstall fonts for Adobe apps. Although this is an unlikely feature, there is no harm in asking. Ton pointed the OP to the correct place to ack for feature requests. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how having the ability to remove fonts from Adobe apps would work if Font Book is running too... but point taken.

Met Won

Not certified (since, like, forever)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful to uninstall within adobe because as I scroll down the
list I can see first hand what the font looks like and can just delete it
then versus trying to remember the fonts' names and going to font book to
uninstall it. It would be more convenient and time saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you will see this feature in Adobe products--however, I could see it available for Adobe subscription fonts sometime in the future. 

In the mean time, get a second monitor if you don't already have one; open the Adobe software on one monitor and Font Book on the other (possibly the CC app too); if you see a font you don't want, move over to the other monitor and deal with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines