• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FontSelf Custom Font not working Illustrator 2022

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.34.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.37.28 PM.pngHey everyone! So I made this font using FontSelf and then reloaded it back up into a new session and turned it into a live paint so I could paint bucket in the inside of it purple. Now, however, I get this error when trying to load it back into FontSelf to create a new '.otf'' file to load onto my website. I had another problem with fontself before where I had to Image Trace and ignore white and then expand and regroup my letters in my previous session with this font, so I am really just looking for a way to connect the paint bucket paint with the black and group them together somehow, huge headache and hickup in my website process HELP!!!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Hello! So I actually just figured out my problem on my own, turns out Image Trace has a color option so I just did that and it traced my font in color, then I expanded it, grouped each letter, and dragged it into FontSelf. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a convoluted workflow.

Do you still have the original shapes from which you made the first font? I would use those and fill them with color and then create the second version.

It can happen, but Live paint usually doesn't cause these gazillion points on a path. When it happens, the initial issue is (nearly) identical paths or path segments being combined. Look for that thing. It could be invisible paths.

Can you perhaps isolate that troublesome letter, put it into a new Illustrator file and upload that file somewhere for us to inspect? That would help a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! So I actually just figured out my problem on my own, turns out Image Trace has a color option so I just did that and it traced my font in color, then I expanded it, grouped each letter, and dragged it into FontSelf. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines