Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting my children's book.

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have just joined Adobe illustrator. I want to copy paste my children's story text on to my illustration files in order to prepare for formatting purposes. I have my illustrations saved in a Creative Cloud File and I have my edited manuscript in a Microsoft Word document. I am fairly computer savvy but a beginner in Adobe Illustrator. Is there a place where I can get the steps to achieve my goal rather than hand typing everything? I would appreciate your help! Thanks.

Rgards,

Lani

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

If you have your text in Word, you can Place in into your Illustrator file. 

You don't mention what format your illustrations are in, but if they are not already in Illustrator, they can be placed as well. 

Really, InDesign is better suited to layout out a book, but if Illustrator is all you have, it will work ok for the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your text in Word, you can Place in into your Illustrator file. 

You don't mention what format your illustrations are in, but if they are not already in Illustrator, they can be placed as well. 

Really, InDesign is better suited to layout out a book, but if Illustrator is all you have, it will work ok for the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This link might be of help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/importing-exporting-text.html

It talks about importing text and the links on the side will show how to format the text once imported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines