Exit

Freeform gradient stains issue.

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SANALRENK_0-1658322513719.png

Hello,

When using the Lines with the Freeform Gradient tool, stains occur as in the picture, how to solve this problem?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks crazy.

Does it stay that way when you preview in CPU mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with CPU or GPU preview, when exporting as JPG the stains are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any effects applied?

Could you upload a demo file to Dropbox or the like and post a link here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded sample.ai to this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded to another link,  I guess it doesn't load here.

sample.ai link.

https://easyupload.io/xc7m69

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is really fascinating, but that doesn't help you. Deleting gradient stops increases the number of stains.

I think it has to do with how freeform gradients work and maybe the engineers can explain the limits of the functionality based on this example. I would be really curious @Anshul_Saini  can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope there is a way for me to solve this problem, because this is a problem I encounter often with this drawing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SANALRENK,

Sorry about the trouble. Please allow me some time to check with the product team, and I will get back to you as soon as I get a response from them.

Thanks, @Monika Gause, for tagging me.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Monika Gause @SANALRENK,

Just an update. I have logged a bug with the product team. Once they investigate, we will know the cause, and I will let you know why this is happening and if there is a workaround or fix for this.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the support.

This problem should be solved completely and in a short time, I use Freeform Gradient tool very often, this tool is currently unusable so it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just update,

I found an additional issue,

When I save a drawing made with Freeform Gradient tool as eps 10, the shadows mentioned on this page appear, there is no problem with the .AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving as "EPS 10" you are saving down your file to Illustrator 10 compatibility. The freeform gradient is not supported in that version, so Illustrator expands it to pixels or maybe some other kind of construction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible or very difficult to make a successful drawing without stains with the Freeform Gradient tool, a waste of time for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MrJone_0-1658829381979.png

I also have the problem of color rendering. Something like a grid appears in the gradient color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally speaking, in my experience, Illustrator's freeform gradients are still a well-meant experiment, but a very fragile one.

There may not just be the stained artefacts you are describing in this case. Perhaps even more critical, there may still be unforeseeable and often completely destructive behaviours in conjunction with various very common transformations at any time.

If you ask me, freeform gradients are still not suitable for serious and stable productions.

You may play with them and be overjoyed how great they "could" be. But that's all at the moment.

You can use gradient meshes instead if you are are looking for something similar that is way more reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines