• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco to Illustrator changes 300 ppi to 72 ppi ipad

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sending an image from adobe fresco to illustrator in 300 ppi on the iPad- illustrator automatically converts it down to 72 ppi and I can't find a solution. I've spent hundreds of hours on several projects for print and they are useless without the ability to be vector and scaleable -- I've exported in every imaginable option and they are blurry no matter what. Note --- there are NO PIXEL layers in the projects. It's all vector. Someone please help - I'm so frustrated and about to miss a deadline. This whole experience has been a non-user friendly nightmare. 

Thanks in advance- whoever might have a solution I hope you win the lottery. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have an iPad/fresco, but read the options here.  Did you ?

1. Open the artwork in Adobe Fresco.
  2. Tap Share icon on the title bar.
  3. Tap Publish & Export.
  4. Tap Export As and then choose an output format.
  5. If you've chosen JPG as the output format, set the image quality to High.
  6. Tap Export button.
  7. Save or share the artwork.
High is usually 300 dpi in all Adobe apps.

I would though instead choose PDF as the format then open in illustrator and you can make whatever resolution you need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I read through that article and no such luck 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes- however illustrator does not allow an import on the files - there is a send direct from fresco to illustrator, in which the quality change happens. I will go read through the link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use an iPad or know what Fresco is, but you can't save to Adobe Cloud?

It's interesting you say you are sending it as 300ppi and then say there are no pixels... It's all vector.

ppi has no bearing on vector art, if you are saving it in a vector art format.

It does have a bearing if you are saving as jpg, png, tif, psd, etc., etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fresco is a dual pixel and vector app that allows you to work with both - but you have to send it from fresco to illustrator in order to export in vector. It isn't all vector format from fresco to illustrator. It comes in rastor and you have to convert it--- it makes no sense and if i knew it would be this difficult I wouldn't have gone that route. 

Im saving the images to my local iPad storage and iCloud but nether would open on illustrator. I'll give adobe cloud a try. Thanks for the idea--- i know it makes no sense, don't ever use adobe fresco if you want to print. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***neither

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did u ever find a solution to this issue? Cacing the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it's a slightly annoying process, I can manage to move vector-based artwork from Adobe Fresco into either the iPad or desktop versions of Adobe Illustrator. But I first made doubly sure I was using vector-based tools to create elements on vector layers.

There seems to be some kind of bug within Fresco on my iPad because I couldn't export an AI file directly to the desktop version of Illustrator. The export would fail on every attempt. So I exported it to the iPad version of Illustrator to confirm the artwork was retained in vector form and then sent it from that application to the desktop version of Illustrator where it remained in vector form.

It's a little wierd that Fresco needs to have separate pixel-based and vector-based layers. I can see it as a potential stumbling block for creating projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bobby! This is a great help - but its defintely an issue that Adobe needs to resolve for those who are using creative cloud exclusively on the ipad pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines