Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fur blend and roughen effect exporting problem

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

I am a bit lost - I created a couple of furry creatures for my Redbubble shop, but this time with a blend.

Whilst they look absolutely adorable on my monitor, they export with just "half" the fur, so to say.

I have tried ALL settings whilst exporting (it can't be anything else than jpg, png or gif) and nothing exports as it looks on the screen.

It is as if a full layer of fur is just missing.

I created these creatures by using a blend and then roughen, expanding, ungrouping etc. pp.

I never used this technique before, but created my furs with brushes. I have no clue why the export isn't working as it should. Never ever had this issue before with any of my graphics or other blends in other projects.

I also tried the "rename the Adobe folder" technique, as of the GPU, but that didn't do the trick as well.

See attached the comparison between "before" and "after".

Thank you so much for your input, community!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if the export is anti-aliased, but the screenshot in AI isn't -- the brushes are being rendered finer in the export. Can you share a screenshot of your whole Illustrator workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you need to see, but see attached 🙂 I have turned off Anti-Aliasing just now, exported again - and it still comes out with lesser fur than there actually is (just gave it a try - I'd try anything now. I guess I should have just gone with the old method 😵)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select a single object and show the appearance panel so I can try to replicate? Better yet, could you provide a sample file (doesn't have to be one of your characters, just a single object that demonstrates the same issue) and exact details of your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't let me attach the .ai file, in which I created this workflow step by step. Maybe the pic helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you viewing the 'after' image in?

I tried setting up a demo file but can't get the same result. You can't attach AI files in the forum; upload to a file sharing service (Drive, Dropbox etc.).

Perhaps incidental, but exported PNGs will always be RGB, not CMYK. If you need CMYK output you will need a different filetype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC, so it's the Windows Photos viewer (just tried opening it in others, like Paint - same appearance problem again). Just set up the document in RGB, still the same outcome. It looses detail during export, especially with the bright colours.

I know, it doesn't make any sense (CMYK but then saving it as png) but that's the rules Redbubble has set up for the art to be uploaded into the shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it appear the same if you place it in Illustrator? Or open in Photoshop?

Does it occur if you just apply the Roughen effect to a single object?

Can you share the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DougARoberts_0-1657709688001.png

On the right is AI, on the left the PNG in Windows Photo Viewer.

While at some zoom levels I can see differences in antialiasing, I don't think there's any actual difference in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines