• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative Fill Restrictions: this is just getting silly...

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to make a 'fist surrounded by a nimbus of power' using Generative Fill in AI. It told me I was violating user guidlelines. I tried just 'Fist' by itself and was told te same thing, so I know it is not 'Nimbus' or 'Power' causing the problems.

That is seriously ridiculous.

As a game designer, who designs material for games that involve fighting at times, this makes Adobe AI products pretty useless. As a professor who is teaching about AI and art, I've actually switched to DALL-E for the class, because Firely was to restrictive to let my students genreate material for their projects. 

You have got to find a better balance between actual serious harm and putting rubber baby buggy bumpers on everything in existence. Let people be adults for goodness sakes...

TOPICS
Bug , Experiment , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "nimbus of power", but I had no problems generating a fist.

But also I entered the prompt in German.

If you think the deny is wrong, then please report it via https://illustrator.uservoice.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That worked! I mean, it only has three fingers, and you'd break your thumb if you hit somebody like that, but otherwise, that's a pretty good fist.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.24.46 PM.png

Guess I'm going to have to try all my difficult requests in German from now on...

firefly-jubal.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly understands 100 languages. Google Translate does as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get German fists. Sometimes with three fingers, sometimes with five fingers. And six fingers are also there sometimes. Formidable.

As for your question: Does that seem right to you?

Yes, of course. The entire cosmos desperately needs German fists.

Here is what I get when asking Illustrator for dancing German fists in the universe. Marvelous.

dancing_german_fists_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das ist fantastisch! Lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

default06,

When the first nanny filter appeared here in 2009 it was forbidden to mention the Live Paint Bucket Tool, until some of us mentioned that it made helping difficult.

In the first many years, the nanny filter consistently went for words that might have a rude meaning in American English, even those with an innocent main meaning such as the common (other) word for a donkey, whereas the corresponding unambiguously rude (taboo slang) British English word would pass unnoticed.

Those days are (at least mostly) over, but it seems that non English words may still be too tough to handle for the Generative Fillter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines