• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch when exporting image with a linked image in artboard

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when I export artboards that contain a linked image, the final export often comes out with a strange line glitch. Below is a 580x400 banner ad, one was exported as a jpg and one as a png. The glitch line is more noticeable in the jpg (right through the logo), but in the png the swoosh on the x still got messed up.

I'm wondering if there's any reason for this happening, or any way to fix it? It seems to change slightly depending on the location of the artboard. I've made sure the X and Y values of the art board are whole numbers (I've had problem when they have decimal values). The glitch seems to change location if I move the artboard slightly, so maybe something is going on with the location. 

Please let me know if anyone else has had this problem! I'm using 26.3.1 on a Mac (Apple M1, Big Sur, 11.5.1).

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the rez of the image? it looks very low. If you're stepping down an already low rez pic, it's only going to get worse. You said it looks different in different placed on the artboard - sounds like your monitor can't decide where the pixels should be due to poor rez. Is this for web? - view it there and see if it's an issue (probably is for the same reasons)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Met1 I would take the time to recreate the logo in illustrator and for-ever use it. Also you can check the 'brandsoftheworld' website in case this logo is already uploaded there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The resolution was 580 x 400, it was for a web banner. I use Illustrator to do a lot of graphic design work since it's easier for me to work in than photoshop or indesign! So a lot of times I'll have linked images, not just the logo in this example. I'll keep that in mind for future projects though, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact method/settings are you using to export the images? (i.e Export As /  Export for Screens / or Save for Web)

Can you upload the file for us to poke at?

(btw: are the background and logo separate elements? 'cause I can see the glitch in the background as well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test: Does the glitch happen if you open the .AI file into Photoshop and render it to the size you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.. I've been able to reproduce this.

It only seems to happen on linked images (embedded are fine), and it also depends on what hinting is selected (i.e either Art Optimized or Type Optimized)

It also happens if open/rendered directly into Photoshop (on the linked images; embedded are fine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so if I embed the images instead of linking them the problem should go away? Thanks for looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines