• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global swatch: Why does illustrator assume every gobal swatch should have a tint?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only a minor irritation, but here it is.  If I click on the thumbnail of a global swatch in my swatch pallet, then over on the color pallet I see the tint slider.    This  happens even when the global swatch has no tint, i.e., the tint is 100%.   What I really want to see is the RGB code for that color.  I have to do a second click in the color pallet to see the RBG code for that color, which is just slightly irritating.  Why does Illustrator think every global swatch should have a tint?  

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You maybe want to make a feature request:

Please to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doublelclick the swatch in the swatches palette or the fill color at the bottom of tools. Dont use the color palelte to click on the RGB icon or choose RGB from the flyout menu as will no longer be a global color.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 12.51.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only the swatches pallette route works for me, if I double click the color at the bottom of the tools pallette it changes the color but doesn't update the global color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines