• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU preview goes away and won't come back

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on illustrator files containing linked images, which have been used often in different files in the past.
The ai file opens in CPU preview and cannot return to GPU (screenshot 1). Colors seem altered, very vivid.
I tried copying images from the CPU preview file to a new blank GPU preview file. When pasting the psd links all worked fine. When pasting the jpg image, the preview turns to CPU. Even if the image is deleted, the preview does not return back to GPU. Same test with another artwork and another jpg.
To conclude I cannot turn on the GPU preview, which some time ago was working. I have not received any error message that GPU Performance Features is not available. Other artwork opens normally.
Mojave 10.14.6
Ill version 25.2.1
GPU Performance Activated
AMD Radeon Pro 570X
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

The altered colors are caused by a bug with the color management that is related to Photoshop.

As for the GPU issue: please post a bug report on http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Maybe the engineers have an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that graphic card compatible to the requirements?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is AMD Radeon Pro 570X. I have been working on this mac computer for 2 years now. I noticed the problem the last couple of weeks.

There is another same computer in the office working fine with the same files. It's difference is Illustrator version 25.2 (in mine it is running vs 25.2.1). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The altered colors are caused by a bug with the color management that is related to Photoshop.

As for the GPU issue: please post a bug report on http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Maybe the engineers have an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downgraded Illustrator to 25.2, problem not fixed, then dongraded Photoshop to 22.2 and files seem OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next day same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines