• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gpu preview greyed out with slow performance when adding greyscale image to CMYK file

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a greyscale image (.psd file) in an illustator 2022 CMYK document my document flashes black and switches to CPU preview and illustrator performs slow. At the same time the GPU preview is greyed out in the menu bar.

In illustrator 2021 this issue doesn't occur, and I can add a greyscale image to an illustrator 2021 CMYK document without problems.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Thanks for providing the information. Will you be able to share one of the files you are having this problem with so we can check it on our end?

You can upload the file to Creative Cloud/DropBox/Google Drive/OneDrive or a similar service and share it via DM. To send a DM, click on my profile picture and then click on "Send a Message" button to send the DM.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a new variation on the GPU Preview problems others (such as myself) have been experiencing. What are your system specifications and OS?

I've been seeing GPU Preview disabled whenever I look at artwork in Outline view. When I go back to full color preview the GPU Preview mode (and animated zoom) is disabled; it only previews in CPU Preview mode. If I close the document and re-open it the GPU Preview function gets restored. But this error only occurs on my notebook. It doesn't happen on my work desktop. The difference is likely the high resolution display. My notebook has a 120Hz UHD 17" display whereas my desktop setup has two 1080p monitors attached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @martind98614871 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to share a few details like:

• Exact version of the OS and Illustrator
  • When did this start happening?
  • Have there been any recent changes made to your computer (OS Update/ Antivirus/ Plug-Ins)?
  • Is it acting this way with some specific files? Would it be possible for you to share the file in which you are facing this issue?
  • Are you working in Outline Mode in Illustrator?
  • Are there any other apps running in the background?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav,

Thanks you for your time, I have written answers after all your questions below:

- Exact version of the OS and Illustrator?

MacOS Catalina v10.15.7 and illustrator v26.2.

- When did this start happening?

After illustartor v25.0. (I still got this version on my computer aswel, and if I open the same file in both illustrator versions the issue only occurs in illustartor v26.2 and not in illustartor v25.0.)

- Have there been any recent changes made to your computer (OS Update/ Antivirus/ Plug-Ins)?

No, nothing specific changed recently to my computer.

- Is it acting this way with some specific files? Would it be possible for you to share the file in which you are facing this issue?

It is acting this way in every CMYK document that has a greyscale image linked inside the document. (I can work around the issue by imbedding the greyscale image or simply changing the greyscale image to a CMYK image with only black ink inside the image. But I like to work with linked images, because then I can quickly make changed to the image with the "Edit in Photoshop option" if needed.) And yes I can share a file with you if needed, but how do I share a file with you privately?

- Are you working in Outline Mode in Illustrator?

No, and working in Outline Mode doesn't make a difference.

- Are there any other apps running in the background?

Yes, photoshop 2022 v23.2.2 and Suitcase Fusion v21.0.1, but even without these apps running the issue still occurs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the information. Will you be able to share one of the files you are having this problem with so we can check it on our end?

You can upload the file to Creative Cloud/DropBox/Google Drive/OneDrive or a similar service and share it via DM. To send a DM, click on my profile picture and then click on "Send a Message" button to send the DM.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator has problem with GPU from many years.

For example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgvkuftA_Sw

What AI users do?

Solution is DISABLE GPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1ByrrRBic

Many people thanks this woman for resolve their problems.

For me, this is not resolving problem.

ADOBE WAKE UP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines