• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradients on libraries

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could someone tell me how is it possible that can't add a gradient to a group of samples or a library at this point in time? it seems to me a very serious and unexplained failure. Thank you.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global colors, gradients, brushes and pattern swatches are not supported in CC libraries.

But as a workaround you can drag an object using a brush/pattern/gradient/global color to the CC Library 

You can also drag multiple items using different brushes/patterns/gradients/global colors together into a CC library to simulate a library.

The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from the library and place them in a new document. The patterns/gradients/global colors automatically get added to your swatches panel.

You can hit escape before you click to place the object(s) or delete the dragged library items because the swatches and brushes are now part of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer but it does not help me. That is not a possible solution because it hinders the work. 
I still don't understand why these items are not compatible with libraries.
But it's ok! They care about inclusive language, but not about solving things that really matter, as a consumer of these products I am extremely dissatisfied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a workaround, not the perfect solution, but it works.

It may be more complicated than you think to exchange gradients between applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines