• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

grayed out buttons

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I just got a new huion pen tablet and i've installed the newest driver of it. I was excited to see how the pressure sensitivity works on Adobe illustrator 2020 but I notice that there's some option that were grayed out such as Calligraphic brush option. This is the first time im using Ai, im really new to this. Im currently using a mac running in Catalina. i once tried to do the safe booting mode and it still havent work. i also already allow the control panel.

hope you can help. thank you..

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yo don't have any tablet options? Even pressure is grayed out?

What used to work in some previous versions is to install a Wacom driver on top of the Huion driver to trick Illustrator into seeing a tablet. Please try it out and tell us if it still works.

You might need to activate some options in your system - what is it? Apple?

If pressure is there, but you are missing some other options, then your tablet just might not suppoert them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its apple, i have already activate some of the options in thw system and the calligraphic brush options still grayed out like this

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 16.03.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Huion and ask them if the tablet is supposed to work with Illustrator and your system and if they can guarantee that.

Only then it's possible to search why it doesn't work on your system.

I still remember the badges that tablet producers put on their packaging to signal that their tablet works with Photoshop. It cannot be taken for granted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so i’ve re installed the app, and the pressure option works now! Its not grayed out anymore. But the pressure sensitivity still doesnt work. Ive re install the newest driver of huion too. I also tried to install wacom driver but it still wont work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Huion about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Huion tablet and a wacom tablet and with both of them the pen pressure is grayed out. I have unistalled and reinstalled wacom, Huion, and illustrator and illustrator brush pressure is still grayed out. I am so tired of all the bugs in illustrator with each new version. I should start making a list of all the bugs and include the hole list with every post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whole not hole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try what's described in here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/wacom-intuos-4-not-working-with-illustrator-c...

You need Illustrator 2020 for it. The only place that can provide you with it is https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did contact adobe...
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Bottom right contact message bubble. I typed "need Illustrator 2020". 
I installed wacom 6.3.39-1 and illustrator 2020 v24. Then Illustrator did show up in system preferences > security and privacy > privacy > automation. Creating a new calligraphic brush did allow me to choose the pressure option or any of the other options. I then installed illustrator 2022 and the pen pressure does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both wacom and Huion pen pressure now work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines