• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greyed Out Tools Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have got Illustrator on a 7 day free trial and I already have problems. Much of the toolbar is greyed out and I cannot use most of the tools! I have looked for advice and changed from basic to advanced and back many times, tried resetting essentials,  the greyed out tools won't drag onto the displayed tool bar. What else can I try? This is so frustrating and not a great start for a beginner!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Window > Tools >Advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to uninstall and reinstall, even in trial, all tools should be appeared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't uninstall and reinstall.

It depends what you mean bu greyed out. If they are greyed out in the menu on the right (2) (opened by clicking the three dots at the base of the toolbar), it means they are already somewhere in the toolbar.

If they are greyed out in the toolbar itself (1), something is wrong.

Screenshot 2021-02-18 084108.png

Note that (2) is not the toolbar. It is a menu used to customise the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if something wrong?

If we changed tools from basic to advanced and resetting the workspace, and still we have grayed out tools, so next step is uninstall and reinstall!!

definitly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a common mistake for new users to look at the customise tools panel and assume something is wrong because the tools are greyed out. That's most likely what is happening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 3.23.15 PM.png

Advanced, means that all advanced tools must be appeared. if not as you said, there is someting wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But they will appear greyed out if they are already present in the toolbar, as they should be.

If tools are instead greyed out in the actual toolbar, rather than the customise window, then we will know that something is wrong. But we won't know that unless the user replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm already having this same issue. i simply was trying to resize an image to make it smaller and Object>transform is greyed out. also i can't use Shift+f8 . a box pops up but also greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not the same issue as this is about toolbar customisation, but please show a screenshot with the object selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines