• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Group Selection Tool'. Object locks up and displays green circle with plus inside symbol!

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this new weird problem with Group Selection Tool (currently running Illustrator 26.1 on a 24" M1 iMac running MacOS Monterey 12.3. When I click and try and move an object with the direct selection tool I get that new 'dock' sounding error message and my mouse icon changes to a green circle with a plus inside. The object then stays frozen and wont move. I havent got any 'snaps to's' switched on. Its driving me mad! Does anyone know how to solve this? I've attached a screen recording below. All I do is hold the shift key and you'll see the green circle pop up. Somnetimes it works and I can move the text and then you'll see it just locks up and althought the mouse pointer moves the objects doesn't. Whats going on? What is that green circle icon?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue appeared earlier in v26.1 and later got fixed in v26.2.1, but it has resurfaced again.

The product team is aware of the issue & they have identified the issue and currently working on a fix. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice for updates and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Ai v26.3.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.

I'm glad to see its not just me. Surely everyone who uses Illustrator on a daily basis must be encountering this problem. I use this tool all the time when using Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstalled Illustrator 26.1 and re-installed Ilustrator 26.0.1 and the problem (green circle and plus sign) has gone away. Leads me to believe that the problem lies in the upgrade 26.1. Will continue to use this until I here Adobe have fixed the problem. Also interestuing to note is that this version 26.0.1 - is notably faster than 26.1.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! This is my exact issue too...it has been driving me crazy! 

Also, if I hold down the 'SHIFT' and drag, it makes you click the object twice before it will move. I recorded a clip of what I am seeing —

⇧ Shift & Drag Bug (Illustrator 26.1)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @richardesignerUK @Pixel.Pusher,

We are sorry for the trouble. The product team is working hard on this, and the fix will be released with the next update.
The + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator only happens with the Apple Magic mouse.

I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not done already, and please be patient & stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may downgrade to Illustrator v26.0.3 until the fixed gets released. (This helped some users.)

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @richardesignerUK @Pixel.Pusher,

I am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Anshul. Sorry to inform you that the issue hasn't been solved. I have the latest update (26.4.1), and the bug is still there. Very annoying, by the way, and it slows down the work.

Thanks for trying to fix this issue.

Regards

Tiago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue appeared earlier in v26.1 and later got fixed in v26.2.1, but it has resurfaced again.

The product team is aware of the issue & they have identified the issue and currently working on a fix. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice for updates and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Ai v26.3.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines