Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gude log / Illustrator

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since the last Illustrator update three days ago, my computer (Windows 10) creates a gude-log file in the same folder every time I open an Illustrator file. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a solution? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hi All,

I wanted to provide an update regarding the "gude log" file issue that has been affecting you all. As some of you may be aware, we have been working to address this issue.

We encourage you all to update to the latest Illustrator version (v27.3.1) and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. A bug is logged for this, and the product team is investigating the issue.

Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45410827-can-t-do-changes-to-the-containing-folder-gude)?

In the meantime, you may try unchecking the Automatic Proxy from the Internet options and check if it helps.
Internet Properties > Connections> LAN settings> Uncheck Automatically Detect settings

Anshul_Saini_0-1664215564970.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think no change so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found one of these log files in my LR export folder, dateed a week ago (8 Jan.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. It just startet yesterday after a Windows update. I went into the progrm I use the most, Audition, and under Preferences/General I clicked "Reset all warning dialogs" at the bottom of the box and since then, none of the Adobe programs I tested have created the file. Not sure if this will work for everybody. Something about Preferences seems to be the culprit for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work for me.

This just started happening to me as well. If I open photoshop first and then open a file then the issue doesn't occur, though.

Adobe, fix this please. It's weird that it's still and ongoing issue for people after this many months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started happening to me on 1/16/23 with Photoshop. I just updated PS and deleted the gude file. We'll see if this keeps happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. It's been a couple of days for me too: Gude file started appearing on my desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, just began to happen this week. The "Automatically detect" checkbox in my internet properties is not checked and has not been checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was just me. Glad I Googled to make sure the update did not place a virus on the computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to stop the gude log files by having this preference checked on:
General tab / Show the Home Screen when no Docs are Open.
I would prefer to have it off, but having the Home screen is better than dealing with the gude files.
I still consider this a bug and hope that it will get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be here in Photoshop? ... These two entries are beta.  If these are buggy beta options then Adobe should remove these from the programs to make sure no strange issue arise like this.  I've had two updates in the past two days hoping this was resolved.  NOPE!  

Beta Credentials ....Beta Credentials ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me also. Clicking any PSD file so that Photoshop opens will instantly create a log file in that directory.
However, first starting Photoshop and then opening the PSD file from within Photoshop will not generate a log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not gude. Not gude at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

best answer in the thread! hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed👌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me also with Photoshop. Started when I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Looking forward to this bug fixed. Really annoying because it's polluting data folders with a locked file that doesn't go away until the application quits. Please put temp files where they belong -- NOT in data folders.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one here affected by this same annoying bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. The product team will try to address the issue with the next release, v27.3, in mid or late February 2023. Please stay tuned for the updates.

I will keep you posted with the updates, or you can DM me as well.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#marking it correct for visibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I noticed.  When I open a file from my Desktop I don't get that Gude file but within any folder it happens.  I'm sure you know this but it's something I just noticed!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it seemed to happen on network shares. Can't say for sure I didn't do definitive tests. But now (Monday 1/30/23) it seems the problem has ceased, both AI 27.2 (updated 11 days ago) and PS 24.11 (updated 8 days ago). Again haven't tracked this well enough to say with certainty if the updates had anything to do with it. Anyway, for now, the problem appears gone. I'll keep an eye on it and post again if it comes back.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gude file created for me today in Illustrator. Issue still occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was Gude-free for couple of months, now it came back with After Effects and the program is super slow, it is lagging. The file I am trying to work with is about 350KB! Tiny file! I am not running anything in the background, like a browser etc. Can't even do my job properly. I messaged Anshul from Adobe yesterday to schedule a live session, so maybe they can look at my work computer and address the issue, haven't heard anything back.

>>>Why are we paying $60 a month if we can't use the program and it jeopardizes our jobs?!<<<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Can't even do my job properly

Can you explain how the creation of a gude file impacts your work flow please, apart from being "annoying".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One example -- can't move a folder without closing and re-opening the app because it's in use by a process and locked. That's more than annoying. It impacts productivity. Writing this kind of file to the location of data files is simply wrong. That's not how things are done. For IT person like me, more than annoying it is unacceptable application behavior.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Will, appreciate the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines