Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gude log / Illustrator

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since the last Illustrator update three days ago, my computer (Windows 10) creates a gude-log file in the same folder every time I open an Illustrator file. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a solution? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hi All,

I wanted to provide an update regarding the "gude log" file issue that has been affecting you all. As some of you may be aware, we have been working to address this issue.

We encourage you all to update to the latest Illustrator version (v27.3.1) and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. A bug is logged for this, and the product team is investigating the issue.

Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45410827-can-t-do-changes-to-the-containing-folder-gude)?

In the meantime, you may try unchecking the Automatic Proxy from the Internet options and check if it helps.
Internet Properties > Connections> LAN settings> Uncheck Automatically Detect settings

Anshul_Saini_0-1664215564970.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You use Windows search for "gude*.log" in the appropriate top level folder, and remove every instance of the pesky file on a drive in < a minute.

2. You then create no more by changing your habit to opening files with either Bridge (which is what it is made for) or "right-click open with."

3. Or as I do; use righ click "open with Bridge" which immediately allows me to see all the images in a folder full size etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too! Two days ago i also lost the content of my 3 work-related folders! Cause the file auto-generating clogged up my desktop and corrupted my personal files too! I've lost weeks of work and this is unacceptable from a company like Adobe, and the post was made in MAY, and still today, October people are still having this issue.

What's going on Adobe !? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around for me has been to open Adobe programs on their own first before opening any file with them. When opening from a shortcut or start menu, not directly from a file or "open with" I do not get a gude.log in my work folder. Illustrator may still be making this file elsewhere in the program folder, but at least it is not visible to annoy me.

Also, why is this topic marked solved when Anshul_Saini 's resposnse clearly does not fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thanks for sharing with me (and all of us) this workaround, I realized the same this morning, opening illustrator on its own for now seems to be the best solution, even now with the latest 2023 update the problem still exists btw.

It's a shame that this matter is marked as solved when it's clearly still an issue, and the unluckiest ones lost their files too. 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry. I created another discussion about this and I will create more if still not solved until they kick me out of the community for this 🙂

Same Ol' Gude Log issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upvoting on the UserVoice link the Adobe Employee posted would be more helpful than creating duplicate threads or replying with "I have the same problem"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe employee marked this as solved which is not solved. So I thought if it is marked that way maybe they don't get any notifications anymore about this. This is why I created another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be more helpful to address problems in the correct way, instead of marking as Solved something that is not solved. And considering the issue is not a "new" one but several months have passed, it would be great to have an update on the issue (that is not even listed in the "known issues"). We are talking about Adobe Suite, not some free-to-use software. Let's be serious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GarrettS98,
People are creating awareness by replying on the issue page. We are all
still having the same issue. Adobe needs to see how many people are having
the issue, still. We are the users, we pay for the app, Adobe needs to put
user in center and take care of the issue which effects our performance by
slowing the pc down.

Noone needs to come up with a technical solution unless it is Adobe
Employee, because they are the only ones know about the technical issue, it
is their product. Sure if others have solutions like:: “clicking on a
folder” creates the issue so try “opening the sofware first”.
But this is not a permanent solution we are seeking.

And I can’t just upvote Adobe employee’s faulty solution. If there is
another link you are talking about (UserVoice) please let us know, send the
actual link and we can go from there.

Thanks’n’peace ✌🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not commenting at all would be more helpful than replying "upvoting on the UserVoice link the Adobe Employee posted would be more helpful than creating duplicate threads or replying with "I have the same problem" with no actual solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah I did vote with my personal account long time ago.

But now I tried with my work account, and it doesn't work. Even that UserVoice link has bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, CarlosCanto is just a clown that is not being helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, @GarrettS98 @Gunes Ozcan_work @Gunes Ozcan

We are sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing. We are unable to replicate the behaviour at our end. Would you mind having a live debug session with us? If yes, please send me your Adobe ID, Country & Timezone, phone number with country code, and 2 preferred dates & time (Mon- Fri) over a private message.

To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the " Send a message" button.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The probem is intermittent for me these last couple weeks. When I first had the issue it was consistent. I can't regularly repicate the issue anymore, but others here seem to have it worse than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. I've just updated all the programs and when I click a file to open it, still creates gude.log, see attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open a PSD file directly from Windows Explorer (that, is double click on a PSD file to launch Photoshop). That should create the .log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it STILL creates the gude file (check your Documents folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I don't see any gude log file in my Documents folder. This log files in my Documents folder look way different than "gude logs" we were talking about earlier. Gude logs are different than Adobe's log history files. Gude logs were created in our private work folders, not in Adobe folder: See attached "Capture 2" image. and See "Capture 1" for Adobe log file.

Will you please share a screenshot of gude log files in your Documents folder if you have them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I stumbled across this website with a very detailed writeup (What to do when a mysterious log file occurs when Illustrator is started ) after experiencing this issue, what has “worked” for me for now is resetting my preferences in Illustrator. Maybe Adobe devs can pinpoint the issue somewhere from this persons research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Re.: Workaround

Apprecioate the suggestion (even if it worked) updating LAN  / network settings is not a good workaround for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, illustrator is not creating gude log files anymore. I've been keeping eye on them and it has been whole "gude log-free" weeks, after the last Adobe update. (It happened few times right after the update though, I checked the next day) Btw, I didn't change/reset anything.

Old gude.log text files are still in the folders. Even if I double-click to open the illustrator file, gude log file doesn't update itself anymore. Looks like it is fixed for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @silke schwarm @LindyHop1943,

Thanks for reaching out. I would recommend posting this on the Photoshop community for better visibility (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop).

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines