• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

guides problem

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a problem with guides. When I try to create a grid (isometric grid) by coping, pasting in the same place and then rotating the guides 60°, well, Illustrator just doesn't let me do that, because when I try to do that, the guides don't appear. It doesn't work. I checked the preferences, (at first I thought that it could be a CPU problem) but the same problem occurs on another PC that moreover has a bigger graphic memory (1 GB). The strange thing, is that sometimes (especially when Illustrator is opened for a short time) it works and maybe two minutes later it doesn't work anymore. What can I do to fix it? Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the guides get copied/rotated at all (or do they just don't show up)? You can check in the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, if I create a new document, then I create just one guide, and after I try to rotate that guide 60°, the guide suddenly disappear, and if I check into the layers panel after I did that, the guide is still there but I can see it only in the layers panel (there is also the 'eye symbol' active on the guide sublevel) .. but the guide is not visible in the working area anymore. Even if the levels panel tells me that it should be there and visibile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the guides appear when you disable the "Live preview" in the Preferences > Performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they don't. They're still 'invisible' in the working area, and visible in the layers panel. I have attached two screenshots, one shows the situation of the layers panel and the working area and the another one shows that I've disabled the 'live preview' (in the preferences > performance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And with CPU preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to disable the CPU preview (as you can see in the screenshot called 'guides problem 3') but it still does not work, so I also tried to reactivate the 'live preview' option keeping disabled the CPU option (as you can see in the screenshot called 'guides problem 4') but that didn't work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines