• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Halftone Not Working

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with half toning. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or just a problem with my program but every time I try to half tone a gradient it comes out like this

Screenshot (278).pngScreenshot (279).pngScreenshot (280).png

Anyone know what's wrong/how to fix this? I'm honestly just really frustrated at this point

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

You need to use the same angle in every channel

Untitled1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the same angle in every channel

Untitled1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this appears to work, the problem with this approach is that all 4 colours are on top of each other, and depending on your Colour Settings Black Generation settings, might show dots with colour halos. If this is being professionally printed, then there are 4 separations needlessly. You can see this if you open up Separations Prieview,

If they want a solely black halftone, they have to do it in CMYK mode so it generates only a Black halftone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or apply first a Rasterize Effect with Grayscale as Color Model before the Color Halftone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention what you expect the halftone to look like, and whether or not you want color to show. If you want it to look black, follow carlosgarro's instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get it to show color? I keep trying but it shows a black center and some colors on each circle's border. I used same values on every field

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with a color fill and use different screen angles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check also the Effect > Document Raster Effects Settings and change the Color Model and Resolution.

Alternatively you can change this as an Effect > Rasterize and apply it before the Color Halftone Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complicating your issue is that your gradation is in RGB colour mode. Even if your gradation is defined as 0%Grey to 100%Grey, when you apply the Color halftone filter, it will be converted to 4 colour based on your Color setting.

Instead, change your Document Color mode to CMYK and it will act as expected.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 6.33.02 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines