• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone been experiencing terrible performance on their M1 Max?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Granted it is a complex doc, but I've created away more complex illustrations without such an issue. 

I'm creating a book cover with a PS doc as background. I have text with 4 drop shadows that is painfully slow, like 1990 mac slow to edit! Not a big deal, just for every edit I have to wait 15-30 seconds for it to render to screen, sometimes the render has multiple maligned layers that don't exist. In order to view my changes, I have to zoom out and back. Annoying as hell!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is for sure due to heavy file either you have M1 Max applied effects render again to show final results...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure that both your Illustrator has been updated to the latest version (26.3.1) as well as your Mac OS to the latest version of Monterey (12.4). Since the M1 came out it's been a foot race in regards to full compatibility between Creative Cloud and Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines