Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have 1 more pixel when export png

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I exported bunch of square icons using Asset window in Illustrator.

But if I set 80px, it creates 81x81px file.

This is the setting in the Asset window.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.37.06 PM.png

These are the result.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.37.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.37.23 PM.png

And this is not just bigger than the size I set. the extra 1px is placed beside of the image.

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.27.07 AM.png

Is there any solution? or I can't use this tool?

To fix the extra pixel, I have to use canvas size in photoshop for each file. Each file has 1 extra pixel in different side.

Please let me know if you have gone through the same issue.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Eng

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that there are no fractions in the coordinate and size numbers.

xy.png

regarding the second size problem from 80 > 90 it is probably caused by the 112,5% scaling that is needed and a rounding error.

I would make a copy in illustrator and scale it to 90 px before expporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I made the icons bigger than the sizes. I just tried the way you told, it works perfectly. I prefer to make something in a large size artboard and export them in a small size. I was just making problems. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Adobe. Make It an Experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm still having this issue as of version 24. Still can't export an artboard with reliable dimensions — if I'm off the pixel grid by any fraction, the results is the wrong dimensions. Just wasted a good hour exporting using the "nope, never once did that" export for web, which always honors the actual dimensions of the artboard. Even when I fix the artboard to a whole pixel position, it still does not work. How could this possibly still be an issue? How do you expect anyone to use this tool for what it's intended for, esp. when Apple's XCode flags anything off by even a pixel?

It was something I was willing to forgive when the tool was new. But we're now many version in, and it appears you're just willfully ignoring the problem or don't know how to fix it, either of which doesn't give me much confidence in the tool. I'd love to use it, but Export for Web still is more reliable, albiet slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem in V25.3.1. I'm not even scaling the artboard (factor 1x) and avoiding just exporting "normally" doesn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the settings you used for export?

And can you share an example Illustrator file?

Dropbox, WeTransfer, CC filesharing, Google...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I've found the problem myself: The artboard origin y position wasn't an integer (and apparently it has to be even though the artboard dimensions themselves are).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you found the problem. Yes, dimensions as well as the top left postion must not contain fractions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines