• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues accessing illustrator files after shift to Team/Org

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my company recently shifted to centralising our account under one umbrella i was told that the all the files/data asociated with the email would tranfer over but it did not work. I tried downloading the Illustrator file from one cloud and uploading to the other but when opening it the file is blank. Then today I get this pop up saying the file is locked/in use when it is not. 

If any one can help with this or has had experience with this it would be much appreciated 

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a question you should be asking your IT team...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still content in the file when you open it in Acrobat?

Do you by any chance save directly to the network? Or open directly from it? Illustrator does not like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not be accessing Illustrator files directly from a cloud service. The error you are getting is from the cloud service not refreshing connections fast enough to show that the file was saved or closed by the previous user. I'm also guessing that you have a tmp file hiding somewhere that is causing the service to think it is still open.

Adobe officially does not support working directly from remote or networked drives (including cloud service). Drag your file local, edit, save and then sync back to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you downloaded the Illustrator file from one cloud and uploaded to another - did you download to your desktop and then back to the other cloud or did you (gasp) move from one cloud service directly to another synced service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Shanze27369744zi9n,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Kevin. This error generally occurs when opening files from Shared folders, network servers, or online drives. Would you mind confirming if the file was shared with other users and if it was worked upon by another user when you were trying to open it? If yes, then please try downloading the file locally to the Desktop and then try opening it.

Also, you may try pausing automatic sync while you are working & turning it later to sync automatically to avoid any errors and ensure that the file is kept/ available on the device in the cloud drive folder. Would you mind confirming the cloud service you are using and the Illustrator & OS version?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines