• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having tool performance issues in Illustrator on Mac M1

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a designer and illustrator this is a major issue for me as it affects performance and eats my time up. In Illustrator the selection tool and anchor selection is not working properly. I cannot select anchor points on images to transform the shape. Never had these issues before I moved everything over to M1. Just wondering if something has changed or if these bugs are being worked on. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Hi Tiffany,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would like to know if resetting the Illustrator preferences as suggested by Steve helped you or not. If not, would you mind confirming if you are using a Magic mouse or touchpad? Also, please ensure that you are running the latest Illustrator v26.5. In this, we have fixed an issue with the magic mouse, which was causing problems while moving anchor points or objects.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your respon

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiffany,

This is the InDesign forum. You're posting an Illustrator issue. I'd suggest you should post your question in the forum below:

Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question was moved by a moderator into the Illustrator forum.

Now, trying to help you, I have a MacBook Pro 2021 with an M1 Pro chip. I'm not having any such problem with my computer using the selecting anchor points with the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow tool). The Selection tool (black arrow tool) would not work to edit anchor points.

If it's not using the wrong tool, you might try restoring your Illustrator preferences. Quit the application and when launching, hold down the Command/Ctrl + Option/Alt keys until Illustrator opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tiffany,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would like to know if resetting the Illustrator preferences as suggested by Steve helped you or not. If not, would you mind confirming if you are using a Magic mouse or touchpad? Also, please ensure that you are running the latest Illustrator v26.5. In this, we have fixed an issue with the magic mouse, which was causing problems while moving anchor points or objects.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines