Hebrew language problem with illustrator cs6

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought a new PC with a new windows operating system, installed the Cs6 master collection and activated the new PC in adobe (deactivated the old computer).

All was fine except for this:

After a while I understood that I can't open any files that their filename is in Hebrew or if the file is inside a folder that has a Hebrew name.

I get an error saying "file can not be found".

It doesn't happen with other apps (InDesign cs6) and it doesn't happen with my Photoshop cc app that I got with a yearly plan.

Of course it didn't happen on my older PC and that is why I got so many files in Hebrew.

I contacted adobe support over the phone and got a new download link to install but it didn't help and the problem remain.

Can anyone help me with this please?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022
Thanks everyone. The solution was eventually through windows 10. In the system language I had to put hebrew as for the non unicode languages and then unthick the box that activate utf-8 (beta). once I did this everything got back to normal.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the Hebrew language version of the apps?

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Adobe should have told you, CS6 support ended (typo corrected) many years ago. It won't be changed to support new systems. You are about 7 versions behind. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone.
The solution was eventually through windows 10.
In the system language I had to put hebrew as for the non unicode languages and then unthick the box that activate utf-8 (beta).
once I did this everything got back to normal.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines