Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help for changing the text

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I am a beginner with the illustrator. I want to make changes to the text in the file and replace the "Super..." to "Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion" ,  would you mind helping me with how to do such an edit in there? intuitively I thought I can write any text with the same font. Yet  it looks the fonts are single letters.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the text in the file has been "outlined" which means it is no longer text in a font, but is just the vector shapes of the letters. It cannot be edited as text. You will need to make a new text object using the text tool with your new text, and delete the outlined text. below is what text vs paths look like in outline view.

- Mark

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.34.41 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I detect which font is that?  and how I can make the new text as vector shapes of the letters again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way is to ask the "UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS URBANA-CHAMPAIGN" for an artwork file that hasn't been outlined. If that isn't an option, you could use a font identification service, eg. WhatTheFont. However I tried this quickly and it didn't do a good job.

Actually I did a quick google and found this page that purports to provide the fonts you need.

To convert (permanently!) the text to vector shapes, choose Object menu > Create Outlines.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines