• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! I can't resize the Illustrator CS6 window on my Mac

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this may sound like such a silly and easy thing to ask but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to resize my Illustrator CS6 window on my Mac. Here's what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 10.41.10 AM.png

I just want to be able to resize the whole thing (sometimes I need to refer to things on other programs while I work, so I like to move them all around to fit the screen). It's really frustrating since you can do this with ALL programs except Illustrator -_-

The only minimize option I have is that green button, but all it does is minimize the artboard panel like so, but all other illustrator panels are still there:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 10.43.13 AM.png

Halp! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

turn on the application frame.

Window > Application Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the Tab key to remove the panels so you can see the window edges.

Next, move your mouse cursor to the left window edge until it becomes a two-headed arrow.

Drag in to shrink the window. Do the same to the right and bottom edges.

If the bottom edge is too low to see, grab the grey title bar at the top and move the window up until you see the bottom edge, then try again.

When the window is at the size you want, press Tab again to bring back your panels.

Illustrator should remember that custom window size.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turn on the application frame.

Window > Application Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I do wish this were a default setting in Illustrator though, especially since I didn't know what term to type in Google to find this, but THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had thought Application Frame was a default, which is why I thought you preferred the old behavior and just wanted to know how to resize document windows.

Of course CS6 is long gone for me, so I don't remember what was the default then. App frame is on by default these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES!! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Doug's suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines