Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! My Panels Are Floating Away!

Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up Illustrator (both production and Beta) today and all of my panels are floating upward and to the left, all by themselves! I tried new docs, old docs. I turned off my mouse and controllers. Nothing.

One thing did change since yesterday. I updated to macOS 13 Ventura. But, none of my other Adobe products are having this issue. What the what!

[video]

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Hi @Deleted User,

Thanks for reaching out. I already logged a bug with the product team regarding this a couple of weeks ago as I was able to reproduce the same issue on my M1 Mac connecting to a 2k or above resolution monitor, and they are currently investigating the issue. Would you mind confirming your system & display specification?

As this is happening on the macOS 13 beta, I will recommend working on macOS 12 Monterey.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Sain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

WOOHOOOOO!   Last night's macOS Beta 3 rollout fixed the issue. YAY! Either that or it was last night's Adobe update.

Either way, I'm good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. If I can manage to catch one of the panels and click the hamburger, I can get it to stop moving. At least for a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Ventura already released? Or still in beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you probably want to report this to Apple.

And also: Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User,

Thanks for reaching out. I already logged a bug with the product team regarding this a couple of weeks ago as I was able to reproduce the same issue on my M1 Mac connecting to a 2k or above resolution monitor, and they are currently investigating the issue. Would you mind confirming your system & display specification?

As this is happening on the macOS 13 beta, I will recommend working on macOS 12 Monterey.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

MBP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Deleted User, for sharing the screenshot. Would you mind confirming the LG External monitor model and its resolution? Also, please check & confirm if you are able to dock the panels again in their position. When panels are undocked, they will float and will not get docked again with other panel tab groups at my end.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I can dock them and they are ok. I use an ultra-wide, so they are kind of far away, but at least, there's a fix for now. It's an LG 34WN750. It's the secondary monitor. The main is the MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. I will forward this to the product team. This will surely help with the investigation.

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WOOHOOOOO!   Last night's macOS Beta 3 rollout fixed the issue. YAY! Either that or it was last night's Adobe update.

Either way, I'm good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines