• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed: how to add circles (eg) to each corner of a path?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I would like to add circles (eg) to each corner of a path.

I can make it easily if I break my path into separate segments and use arrowheads, but I would prefer to keep it one single path.

I have tried using a pattern brush, but the shapes are deformed, some of the corners don't show if the angle isn't sharp enough.
(I have also tried with a dotted line, rounded path ends and 0mm dash and long gap eg but it doesn't work if my segments are different lengths).

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Crooty, this is the much sought-after badge that was missing in my sumptuous collection of medals until today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

given the limitations, I would do it like Met1 suggested. I would trigger a script repeatedly as needed. Femke's script would probably need an upgrade to remove previously added circles though.

[Edit] or I would just delete the circles manually before running the script to create a new set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines