• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with PDFs in regard to wide format printing

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as designer in vehicle wrap industry. Just moved to illustrator on windows OS and we haven't had any issues with our Epson Edge rip software. However, occasionally we need to outsource printing and the company we use is running Roland printers using Versaworks rip software, this is where the issue showed up.

When saving PDFs on large canvas they read exact measurements on Adobe acrobat but on other readers and more importantly Roland Versaworks they read at 10%, so 1000mm x 1000mm PDF would read at 100mm x 100mm. This seems to cause issues with the rip and it won't print once's scaled to correct size within the rip software.  

We received some artwork from a designer done within illustrator (Mac) and there pdf reads full size no matter what reader you open in, which I can't understand. 

I have 'honour pdf scale' setting applied, I've tried all PDF presets along with our own preset. I've tried drawing at 10% and then scaling up in Versaworks this doesn't work either. Not sure what I'm doing wrong and can't find anything online. The only work around is to import into Corel draw and scale up and export PDF which isn't ideal. 

Any one with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks 

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(First off, why isn't your outsource printing co troubleshooting this?)

Seems to me all they have to do is scale the file before RIPping (which I guess is your CorelDraw solution)...

The large canvas attribute isn't supported by all apps or soft, sounds like their RIP is one of them, so what's they're ususal solution, they must have come across some art that is either Large Canvas or even 10th scale.

If all else fails save to eps and have them RIP that- if that still doesn't work for them I'd find another vendor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines