• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! pen tool to make shape? but its still a path> DO I need to create to a shape ????

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would like to covert these paths (i used to make shapes) to objects or shapes - the reason; I want to add a bevel and emboss effect with gradient to them, then open them back in illustrator to save and covert to PDF for printer. The are van graphics so need to go very large - hence doing it in Ai so it can be a vector to size up and print.

I've tried convering to a shape - just a warning comes up saying 'not converted'

do i even need to change it to shape/object? do I need to create an outline? im soooo confused and need to get this done for the client at lunch time tomorrow.

so i need to do the following by not lossing any quality and making sure it remains a vector.....

1. add the bevel and emboss effect in PS (I can do that its transfer the files between PS and Ai - tried to export it as an asset but it loses quality

2. open it back up in Ai, add a cut line and bleed (which i can do)

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 20.37.27.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop will create a raster image and it won't magically be converted to a vector image just by opening it in Illustrator.

Make sure you check the file specifications with the printer and then produce a file that meets them. Maybe the file doesn't need to be purely vector and you just need sufficient resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines