Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help ! Problem with Space Bar - AI 24.3

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the space bar which does not work in illustrator (last version).
When I hit the space bar, nothing happens. But with Psp and InDesign everything works.
I deleted the prefs, restart the mac, nothing helps.
I am under mac OS Mojave (10.14.6).
Can anyone help me? It's in a hurry, I have a job to hand in ...
thank you so much.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Please check out this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/hand-tool-spacebar-isn-t-working/td-p/8295082?page=1

Hopefully this solved issue will solve yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/hand-tool-spacebar-isn-t-working/td-p/8295082?page=1

Hopefully this solved issue will solve yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kat,

I took a look at the link but that's not quite my problem.
The space bar (to type a space) works great in Photoshp and InDesign.
Only under illustrator the space bar remains inert (with the keyboard). Weird!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other apps interfering with the spacebar. They are mentioned in the thread that Kat linked. Please read it and check your apps. There are also keystroke extensions that mess a little more. Please check for those as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the spacebar work to access the hand tool (its other Illustrator function)? Have you tried substituting another keyboard just as a check that it is program related and not hardware related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill, thank you for your reply.

Yes, the hand tool works.
Same thing if I use my USB keyboard or MacBook keyboard.
In fact, I already encountered this problem, a year or 2 ago, under illustrator, at the time an old version and I had found the solution on a forum but there, impossible to remember the process. It seems to me that it's in the illustrator preferences, something very silly to check or uncheck .... If it speaks to anyone.
I remind you that under PSP or InDsgn, Excel, Word etc. everything is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I remind you that under PSP or InDsgn, Excel, Word etc. everything is OK."

You cannot compare any of those to any other app.

Please check all the other apps that are running currently. What are they? System extensions?

Modifier keys are pretty easily compromised by all kinds of interfering applications: browsers, e-mail, online banking, screensharing and even antivirus IIRC. Also of course extensions that enhance your shortcuts.

So please check that out. We have seen that kind of stuff happening in the past. A lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKAY.

Well, there, it works (?!) without me doing anything. Very weird.
I don't have an answer or a solution why it was bugging. Fingers crossed. Thank you for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing the exact same issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines