• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with clipping mask

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could someone help me with clipping masks, i can apply it to the hand below but not the one above, does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jess,

For each Clipping Path (upper/lower hand) you need to have a separate object below, selected together with the Clipping Path; and the upper hand needs to be a Compound Path (to form one path).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where would i go from here? it doesn't give me a clipping mask option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you right:

select

• M + I (upper parts) + I (lower parts) + C + A
  • release compound path
  • make compound path

• select compound path and your background items
  • right click (option for clipping mask should be available now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, got there in the end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad we could help you.

Can you show us your final result please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jess,

Based on Help.png (and Help2.png), I had the (mis)understanding that you wished to have:

1) Different parts of the background image showing through the two hand shapes with a certain contrast, (the bottom dark part showing through the upper hand) to form a cumstomized I,

2) Leaving the letters M CA and THEATRE black,

3) Maybe some incorporation of the grey swirlies.

1) would require the upper hand as a Compound Path, and two instances of the background image, one for the Clipping Mask of each hand, and each instance moved to fit into its hand with the right colouring; this can be done after creating each mask and Direct Selecting the image instance.

3) would depend on the way of incorporating the swirlies. If they are to appear as part of the background in the mask(s), they must be included with the colouring, maybe by Grouping them.

From your answer to pixxxelschubser, I believe he has it right, that you wish to have just one Clipping Mask with all the letters/hand parts, which must then form one Compound Path.

I too hope you will share the final outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines