Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with coloring B&W Map with different shaded regions

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts!

Looking for some suggestions on how to take the attached jpg and replace the different shaded regions with different colors.

Tried Live Trace, and the land and country boarders were various stroke sizes. But I'm not great with the Live Trace tool either.

I'm thinking I want to get a map that then I can Live Paint with the colors I need.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly it might be easier to just use this as a template and manually redraw the map with the pen tool.

That way you can either use the Live Paint or enclose the shapes to fill.

Image Trace has traditionally had a difficult time converting line art to something useable. You'll spend more time cleaning this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. This does seem to be one of those cases where looking for a "shortcut" might take longer than a re-draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines