Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding sections of layers around text and outside of shapes

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the noob question im fairly new to the application, ive been hunting around for answers but I cant seem to find what im looking for.

Below is an image of a contour map, I have 2 questions:

1.) I have added to text to illitstrate a particular peak on the map, however the the contour lines make the text hard to see. Is there a way I can add some form of stroke around the text that will hide the lays below it? Essentially any secition of line that passes under the text will stop a 2mm above the text and continue 2mm below the text.

2.) How would I go about cropping any sections of layers that fall outside of the circle? 

Thanks

Craig

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 11.58.18.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 To add a stroke around (and behind) your text; select the text with the selection arrow, add a new (white) stroke in the Appearance panel and drag it there below the characters.

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 15.06.47.png

2 Select the map and the circle above it and choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mountain climbing in the Netherlands.

Vaalserberg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mount Scenery on the island of Saba, which is in the Caribbean part of the Netherlands, replaced Vaalserberg as the highest point in the Netherlands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mountain climbing in the real Netherlands.

Mount Scenery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much better! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aperture,

Based on a different interpretation of 1) you can add a white fill in the Appearance panel and drag it beneath the Characters, then (with only that selected) use the Convert to Shape Effect with a Rectangle and Extra Width and Height of 2 mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines