Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home Screen Local FIles

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

After some of the recent updates (this year) my home screen switched from Local to Cloud files only. I would prefer to see my Recent Local files instead on the home screen.

Any way there is an option to switch that?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Anshul, thank you for taking the time.

My dumbass fixed it. On home screen I've had "Your files" chosen instead of "Home" all this time. 

The Ai was fine, I screwed up

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Handarand,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. It seems the app preferences have been reset as they were not imported during an update. Your local files will appear under recent on home screen ones once you start opening them.

Before updating, ensure you select "import previous settings an preferences," or you can toggle this setting in the CCD app preferences to avoid this.

Anshul_Saini_0-1657662254505.png

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, Anshul

No, that's not my issue and I do have the option to import settings set ON in CC. I have my recent files showing up in home tab all well. But it's CLOUD files now and not LOCAL files - which is my issue. 

I want home screen to show me LOCAL recent files, as it was before one of the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for elaborating on the issue. Kindly try opening the file from your computer and then navigate to the home screen to check if the file appears on the recent list.

However, if the issue persists, try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Reset Preferences manually (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html#:~:text=Create%20a%20back...)

• Go to the following location:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Move the UXP folder to a new folder on the desktop.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_4-1657738385455.png
  • /Library

Move the CEP and UXP folders to a new folder on the desktop.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul, thank you for taking the time.

My dumbass fixed it. On home screen I've had "Your files" chosen instead of "Home" all this time. 

The Ai was fine, I screwed up

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it. Thanks for sharing your resolution. It may help others.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines