• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hot Door Plugin(CADtools 11) not Working on Illustrator 2019

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install CADTools 11 on Illustrator CC 2019 and I keep getting an error message that this version of CADTools was made for a different version of Illustrator. Any idea on how to fix this? I also tried other HotDoor plugins and I am getting the same error message. ErrorMessage-01.jpg

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either downgrade Illustrator or upgrade CADtools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does NOT work. Unhelpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. For Illustrator 2019 you need CADtools 11.2. Please check out this link for more details: Hot Door - CADtools - Overview.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link doesn't take you anywhere with options to download legacy versions of Cadtools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely, there is some setting on your computer blocking the Hot Door installer. On Mac, the most common setting blocking the installer will solve most issues like this.

Close Illustrator and go to:

Applications > Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 > Plug-ins

Control-click on that Plug-ins folder and select "Get Info."

At the bottom of that panel is a sections called "Sharing & Permissions." Make sure

Everyone has "Read & Write" privileges.

(To do this, you will have to click on the Lock icon, and input the system password before making the change).

Now, try installing again.

On Windows, there are many possible settings that could cause this issue. If you are experiencing issues with the installer, the solution is a simple one, a manual installation.

I am not sure if you are on Mac or Windows, but am happy to send you the manual installation instructions. Send me an email at

support@hotdoor.com.

Have a great day,

Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 and I tried to manually install, but to no avail. What other options are there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CADtools 11 should work with Illustrator CC2019 according to the hotdoor website. Which version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC 2015 and had upgraded to Cadtools11, which caused the error message. I tried the free 12 download and the message persisted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact hotdoor to check which version is compatible. It's quite difficult to get that information from their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have illustrator 2019 and cad tools 12.1.2 but when i isnatlled it it got installed properly but it isnt showing anywhere in the illustratir

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hotdoor can probably help you with that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines