• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add a white background and a cutting line for decals to this logo?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DENTAL CLINIC.jpg

Window_Clings_Custom_Shape_White_B.jpg

  

INTERIOR REFINISHING LOGO.JPG

I need to add a white background to the Interior Refinishing logo and a cutting line for a decal that's going to be applied to a yellow surface.

I like to get something like a cloud cut, see sample attached

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

text needs to be outlined, strokes need to be outlined.

Then select all and Object > Path > Offset path - this will also make a copy.

In the Pathfinder panel then Unite. There might still be holes in it, so Pathfinder Divide and then Unite again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

siriofernando,

As I (mis)understand it (that you wish to obtain the same as in the first two samples), you can:

1) Select all the artwork and Group it, then apply Object>Path>Offset with an offset that is sufficient to create a continuous outer boundary (everything overlapping) of a suitably smooth shape;

2) Hide the original artwork in the Layers panel (the topmost Group), then select the offset artwork and apply Pathfinder>Unite/Add to shape area, then apply Object>Compound Path>Release, t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text needs to be outlined, strokes need to be outlined.

Then select all and Object > Path > Offset path - this will also make a copy.

In the Pathfinder panel then Unite. There might still be holes in it, so Pathfinder Divide and then Unite again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

siriofernando,

As I (mis)understand it (that you wish to obtain the same as in the first two samples), you can:

1) Select all the artwork and Group it, then apply Object>Path>Offset with an offset that is sufficient to create a continuous outer boundary (everything overlapping) of a suitably smooth shape;

2) Hide the original artwork in the Layers panel (the topmost Group), then select the offset artwork and apply Pathfinder>Unite/Add to shape area, then apply Object>Compound Path>Release, then apply Pathfinder>Unite/Add to shape area, to have one full path, then give it a white fill and a the right stroke to serve as cutline;

3) Apply Object>Path>Offset with a negative offset that is less than the offset in 1) by an amount equalling the desired width of the white backgraound.

Edit: And the necessary initial outlining that Monika mentioned while I was delayed in posting, the general approaches being similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines