• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change colors in my artwork without reducing the number of colors

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having an artwork with mamy colors in (more than 20) and I would like to recolor them using one of the available palettes, for instance the Baroque one. However, in the available palettes there are typical less than 20 different colors and so I end up with multiple separate colors from my original artwork getting the same exact color after recoloring (so going from say 30 to 5 colors). Is there a way to add more different colors to those palettes? I would not like to always reduce the colors and simply end up with less colors with a variation to their saturation etc. I would like to replace say 30 colors in my artwork with 30 new distinct colors. I still have not figured out how to do it. I would greatly appreciate your help!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magda,

How about intermediate colours, established where the palette(s) allow it.

It also depends on the different(ness(es) of the) colours you start with/wish to end with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, many thanks for your quick reply! I'm not really sure what you mean by intermediate colors.

I like very much the baroque paletter but it has very few colors in total (if I get it right). I would like to recolor my artwork using a sort expanded baroque palette but I don't know to add more colors to it. I found that the scientific analogous has many more but still less than the amount of colors my artwork has so some of the items end up with the same exact color. I'm working with scientific data and the different colors are assigned to different data points and they simply cannot end up with the same color. Let's say I have 65 colors which I would like to replace with a new 65 different colors from a pretty pallete as the original ones are not nice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magda,

I mean colours in between the existing ones, like magenta in between red and blue.

But with thrice as many colours and the need to have them clearly distinguishable, you may need to also use colours beyond the range of existing colours, which can be in terms of hue, saturation, and brightness/lightness/value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, I somehow hoped that there would be palettes in Illustrator with many more colors. I will go ahead and create my own. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Magda.

You can still start out with a set you like and add colours in between and/or beyond to create your very own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your own color group and use it in the Recolor artwork function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika! Yes, I did that now though I was still hoping to use some of the exisiting ones as I like some of them so much. I'll just go ahead and add colors to those and create new color groups in this way. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines