• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the 'alt' key in the keyboard shortcuts?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm helping out a friend and they have extremely limited use of their left hand (able to use really only one finger with difficulty on the keyboard) and visually impaired. I'd like to assign a key to replace the 'alt' button in Illustrator to assist with the pen tool and other functions. I've looked in the keyboard shortcuts but I don't believe it's in there. 

I'd like to assign the two buttons alt and ctrl to the logitech mouse but those only accept combinations (eg. Alt+[any other key])

Does anyone have any creative solutions to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Nevermind! The solution in the logitech OPTIONS (mouse button modication software) was hidden and I was able to change the side buttons to alt and ctrl. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind! The solution in the logitech OPTIONS (mouse button modication software) was hidden and I was able to change the side buttons to alt and ctrl. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines