• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I export these individual artboards as spreads?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm putting together a brochure. Originally it was going to be bound in a large ring binder type book, so I made the pages as individual artboards in Illustrator. Now it's going to be a normal, stapled together book, which I think means my spreads will need to be rearranged in the final PDF export because page '1' will be printed on the same sheet as page '30' etc. Is there an easy way to get Illustrator to do that for me, or do I have to figure it out manually? Alternately, would a simple solution be to export it all into InDesign somehow, which probably does know how to sort out the spreads for me?

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. The best option is to do it in InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can draw additional artvoards that cover two pages and then export only those.

Artboards can overlap in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines