• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit a paragraph style I have already applied.

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me, I cant seem to figure this out. Its obviously not as intuitive as it is in InDesign.

I have created an applied a paragraph style to an area of type in an illustrator document with 13 artboards. 

I want to know edit that paragraph style so on all 13 boards the type will be a little larger and the leading a little less. This (for me) is the primary reason to use Paragraph Styles - to make global changes at a click.

It has to be here somewhere, but the closest thing I can find is "Redefine Paragraph Style" in the flyout menu, but its grayed-out.

Any help would be appreciated. If I have to go through every artboard to make these changes its going to be tedious. I know im just missing something simple.

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Personal computers should be restarted regularly. Their systems are not made for 24/7.

Glad you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double clicking the paragraph style in the panel does not work?

Redefining the style is applicable, when you have applied the paragraph style and then made changes to the text and the text has now an  override (text must be selected). That is obviously not the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, double clicking does nothing except for highlight the name as if I were going to rename it. It is not behaving at all like InDesign in a similar situation. I cant right click on the name to edit it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geez - nevermind. I just restarted Illustrator and now its working. Should have done that to start.

Paragraph Style Options.... is now working and not grayed out.

Havnt had to do a restart in a long time - should have tried that first, Must have been a "ghost in the machine"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal computers should be restarted regularly. Their systems are not made for 24/7.

Glad you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start it every day in the morning, and shut it down every night. I just meant I havent had to do a restart to solve a software issue in years. Reminds me of back in 1991 when I got my first Mac 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it - sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines